Sympl-web-configure not found

I’ve found the problem and there’s a fix being built to the testing branch right now, which I’ll push to stable once it clears testing.

While the installer doesn’t automatically enable backports for non-Debian (ie: for sympl-phpmyadmin), the sympl-core install script does, so if you end up installing it on Raspbian, it enabled backports which then makes apt upset.

Fingers crossed, I should have a proper fix for this later today, and I’ll post here once it’s available in stable.

Note that only Rasbian Buster is tested at the moment - there’s no compiled versions for 64-bit versions, and Bullseye may not work at present, so you want the ‘Raspberry Pi OS Lite (Legacy)’ option when imaging.

I should be able to get packages for Bullseye in 32 and 64 bit added, but those will take a bit longer.

For now, I just need something that will run, so 32 bit buster is fine, thanks.

Installing Sympl on Raspbian Buster (lite) is tested and working now on the stable branch.

You should be able to just run the normal Sympl install script, or do sudo apt update ; sudo apt install sympl-core=10.20221112.0 or similar on an existing machine.

I’ll look into testing it on Bullseye 32bit and 64bit in due course.

Getting closer:

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Architecture Description
++±================-=============-============-================================
ii sympl-backup 10.0.200706.0 all Automatically backup your files
un sympl-common (no description available)
ii sympl-core 10.20221112.0 all Easy, complete, and friendly ser
ii sympl-cron 10.0.190719.0 armhf Provide per-domain crontab suppo
ii sympl-dns 10.0.190621.0 all Automatic DNS record creation an
ii sympl-firewall 10.20220719.0 armhf Sympl firewall generator
ii sympl-ftp 10.0.190624.0 all Tools to manage FTP virtual host
ii sympl-mail 10.20221005.0 all virtual hosting solution for ema
ii sympl-monit 10.0.200326.0 all Service monitoring and restartin
ii sympl-mysql 10.0.190731.0 all MySQL metapackage for Sympl.
ii sympl-phpmyadmin 10.0.200915.0 all This package gives remote databa
ii sympl-updater 10.0.190621.0 all Automatic package upgrades
ii sympl-web 10.0.200909.2 armhf Tools to manage Apache virtual h
ii sympl-webmail 10.0.200127.0 all Provide webmail access to a Symp
lines 1-19/19 (END)

That’s fully installed. The only package not installed is sympl-common which was superseded by sympl-core in pre-release versions.

Note that you’ll probably need sudo sympl-web-configure if you’re not running as root.

Thanks. I wondered why it appeared to work with bit marked as missing. Currently I’m wrestling with hostname, as this won’t have a properly configured domain name.

Sympl requires a full domain name (ie: anything with a dot) but it doesn’t matter if it’s public or not - you’ll just need to make sure you set config/ssl-provider to “self-signed” to create a valid SSL certificate.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.