NUT UPS monitoring

I decided that it would be a smart move to actually monitor the UPS that my devices are conected to, and the sensible approach weemed to be to install nut.

I followed the steps at Monitoring a UPS with NUT on the Raspberry Pi - Pi My Life Up and it all seemed to work, apart, of course, for setting up the GUI status page.

I followed the steps on that page, and nut seems to be working:

upsc apccs500
Init SSL without certificate database
battery.charge: 100
battery.charge.low: 10
battery.charge.warning: 50
battery.mfr.date: 2001/11/27
battery.runtime: 2580
battery.type: PbAc
battery.voltage: 13.6
battery.voltage.nominal: 12.0
device.mfr: American Power Conversion
device.model: Back-UPS 500
device.serial: JB0148009246
device.type: ups
driver.name: usbhid-ups
driver.parameter.pollfreq: 30
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.productid: 0002
driver.parameter.synchronous: auto
driver.parameter.vendorid: 051d
driver.version: 2.8.0
driver.version.data: APC HID 0.98
driver.version.internal: 0.47
driver.version.usb: libusb-1.0.26 (API: 0x1000109)
ups.firmware: 6.2.I
ups.firmware.aux: c1
ups.mfr: American Power Conversion
ups.mfr.date: 2001/11/27
ups.model: Back-UPS 500
ups.productid: 0002
ups.serial: JB0148009246
ups.status: OL
ups.timer.reboot: 0
ups.vendorid: 051d

That all looks correct, except that the battery has been changed a few times since 2001. But the GUI address in the instructions gives me

Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

My suspicion is that sympl has made the cgi-bin setup of the instructions slightly off-course. I haven’t used cgi-bin since long before sympl (or symbiosis, for that matter) so I forget what to do to sort it.

Any suggestions?

If you can find the proper CGI file and place it in the right directory, Sympl should be able to run it normally.

I’m not familiar with NUT, but doing a find for the CGI file then linking/copying should do the job.

Thanks. The trouble isn’t that I don’t know where the cgi file is: I don’t know where it should be!

[Later] I read the docs. It wasn’t as hard to configure as I expected. A few ln -s had me sorted.

Memories of complex, interwoven, undocumented cgi scripts had left me expecting difficulties.